Awareness, Investigation/Missing, Interacting with person’s with Alzheimer’s Disease and their caregivers.
Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) causes brain deterioration. Officers and their supervisors need accurate information to be safe and ensure public safety when dealing with these individuals. Person’s with AD may be diagnosed or not, may not comprehend or comply with verbal commands and may present a threat to public safety.
This 8-hour class will provide the knowledge and information for an agency to respond to incidents with persons with Alzheimer’s.
• How to recognize the signs/symptoms of a person with AD
• Understanding the disease and behaviors of persons with AD
• When, why, or how public safety may encounter a person with AD
• Effectively interviewing a person with AD or caregivers
• Conducting a search & rescue for a missing person with AD and effectively using the media in these investigations
• Establishing policies for handling cases with a person with AD
• Review available locative devices and other resources for AD
This class is delivered as an awareness level course for Chiefs, Sheriffs, Commanders, PIO’s, patrol officers, Detectives, EMT’s/Firefighters, dispatchers, etc.
CONTACT NEXT GENERATION TRAINING
8114 Fisher Dr.
Owner Contact Information
Marketing & Technical Assistance