Managing Generations in Law Enforcement
Managing Generations in Public Safety
Law Enforcement agencies are experiencing new leadership challenges these days. With four different generations in the workforce and our cities, it is increasingly difficult to supervise officers and have officers communicate well. Each age group brings with it its own expectations, values, work styles and characteristics, which are often misunderstood by other Generations.
- Learn your own leadership style and capabilities
- Identify the four generations in the workforce
- Methods of communication with different age groups
- Understand the generational differences as it pertains to values, characteristics, work styles, loyalties, etc.
- Millennial Characteristics
- What to know when managing Millennials at work
- How to recruit and keep the best people for the future of your agency
- Personality Types for Motivation & Teamwork