Cultural Intelligence: Best D*^& Diversity Class EVER!
This course is based on EDUCATION and delivered with a generous dose of humor, not guilt or “sensitivity.” Learn about body language, eye-contact, ways of thinking, expression, values & how ALL of these applies to policing, police safety, communication & building respect with co-workers & community members.
- The Demographic changes taking place and how it will affect policing
- Origin of stereotypes & myths for gender, race, religion, profession, & sexuality
- How individual cultures use and perceive eye-contact, space & volume differently
- How misinterpretation of verbal & non-verbals can elevate situations affecting officer safety
- Build trust & accurate understanding through knowledge
- Clashing: Euro Am vs African Am vs Asian Am vs Hispanic Am vs Middle Eastern Am vs Police
- Generations, People with Disabilities & GLBTQ cultures are also discussed
- How to use cultural intelligence to build a more diverse and safer agency and community
This course can literally be modified for any group. CEO's, supervisors, PIO's, recruiters. patrol and civilian employees can all benefit from this course.